We would like to welcome our new intake students, their parents and carers to Dover Christ Church Academy.
We know that the transfer to secondary education is an exciting time, but also recognise the apprehension that you might feel. We want to do all that we can to answer your questions, allay your fears and ensure that you feel confident and prepared for the year ahead.
We offer a week of transition activities at Dover Christ Church Academy as well as sporting transition activities and a primary school visit from the Head of Year 7.
2022 Transition Key Dates:
- Primary School Visits from DCCA Head of Year – June and July.
- Transition/Induction Week – Monday 4th July – Friday 8th July.
- Sporting Outreach – opportunities for students to engage in afterschool activities, information to come via the child’s primary school.
- Summer School – 25th July – 29th July (Invite only).
- New term induction – Thursday 1st September.
Key Information for Parents, Carers and Students:
On Wednesday 1st September, we advise arriving at 8:45am for an 8:50 start. Students will be met by staff who will take them to a hall for a brief assembly.
The page includes a link to our Student Uniform Policy and Dress Code, which you should read in advance of purchasing any items: View here
Price and Buckland is our uniform supplier, visit their website here
To ensure students are ready to learn we expect them have the following equipment every day. We ask that students have a Full-size school bag, suitable to carry A4 size books and all their equipment, including the following:
- Student planner (Key Stage 3 students Years 7-9).
- Water Bottle.
Free School Meals:
- Pens (black, blue, and green).
- Sharpener and Eraser.
- A Ruler.
- Calculator (scientific).
If your child is currently registered to receive Free School Meals: that entitlement will automatically transfer to secondary education and no action is needed.
You may wish to check whether you are eligible to receive this benefit. The following link will take you to the Local Authority's website, which will explain the eligibility criteria and application process: Free school meals.
Questions and further information: