- Address: Dover Christ Church Academy, Melbourne Avenue, Whitfield, Dover, Kent, CT16 2EG.
- Tel: 01304 820126
- Fax: 01304 821915
- For general enquires: email@example.com
|Chair of Trust:
||Dr. J. Moss
|Type of School:
|Age Range: 11-19
||Expected Roll: 950 + 40
|Published Admission No.
|Expected intake for Year 7 2020:
Open Sessions and Appointments to view the Academy, at any time – please ring the school.
Information for Parents:
Dover Christ Church Academy opened in September, 2010 with an innovative curriculum and significant changes in operating systems designed to deliver a step up in the levels of student achievement.
If the number of preferences for the school is more than the number of places available, places will be allocated in the following priority order:-
- Students in Public Care.
- Students with specific educational or social needs evidenced by professional advice.
- Current Family Association - a brother or sister already attending the School at the time of entry. In this context brother or sister means children who live as brother or sister in the same house, including natural brothers or sisters, adopted siblings, stepbrothers or sisters and foster brothers and sisters. If siblings from multiple births (twins, triplets, etc) apply for a school and the school would reach its Published Admission Number (PAN) after admitting one or more, but before admitting all of those siblings, the LA will offer a place to each of the siblings, even if doing so takes the school above its PAN.
- a: Children of staff members where the member of staff has been employed at the school for two or more years at the time at which the application for admission to the school is made and/or
b: the member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage.
- Nearness of children’s home to school. We use the distance between the child’s permanent address and the school, measured in a straight line using National Land and Property Gazetteer (NLPG) address point data. Distances are measured from a point defined as within the child’s home to a point defined as within the school as specified by NLPG. The same address point on the school site is used for everybody.
No places will be allocated on the basis of ability or aptitude. The Academy is a comprehensive school for young people of all abilities and backgrounds.
Supplementary Form Required:
Pupils are eligible for free school transport if they live more than three miles away from their nearest school.
Waiting lists will be maintained up to January 2020
Admission In The News:
Oversubscription and vacancies in Kent non selective schools